On 21 Jul 2023, at 13:36, Henrik Frisk <fris...@gmail.com> wrote:

Den tors 20 juli 2023 kl 18:10 skrev Jean Abou Samra <j...@abou-samra.fr>:
Le jeudi 20 juillet 2023 à 17:52 +0200, Henrik Frisk a écrit :
None at all, but maybe I'm misunderstanding the command. Here's what I do:

$ lilypond --pdf -dcrop='#t' test6.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.24.1 (running Guile 3.0)
Processing `test6.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music...
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Calculating line breaks...
Drawing systems...
Converting to `test6.pdf'...
Success: compilation successfully completed

Test6.pdf is a regular pdf.

You should also find a separate file Test6.cropped.pdf with cropped output.

If you don't: do you have any ly:set-option calls or such in the file?

No, I didn't, but I identified the problem. I also had

as this was the old way of getting a cropped output.
Which essentially would also count as a 'yes' to Jean's question as that (https://github.com/lilypond/lilypond/blob/master/ly/lilypond-book-preamble.ly) is including a few ly:set-option entries into your file

This apparently interfered with -dcrop='#t'. No it works both from as a cli argument and as set in the file: #(ly:set-option 'crop #t)
Thank for the help and sorry for the confusion.

/Henrik