Dear Knute,

Substituting the following for the score context may result in more of what you are looking for.

\context {
      \Score
      \remove Timing_translator
      \override SpacingSpanner.strict-note-spacing = ##t
    }
% ...
}

However, it will probably not be ideal to have the entire score rendered in this way. I couldn't figure out how to enable strict note spacing for this cadenza and disable afterwards.

Thanks,
-William