I have a passage of piano music with a lot of kneed beams between the staves,
and there’s too few objects above the bass staff to force enough space. How can
I increase the default spacing between the treble and bass parts of the piano
staff?

Here’s an example. The “dim.” clashes with the beam on beat 1, and beat 4 in
the bass is just a mess.

\version "2.24.1"

top = { \change Staff = "upper" \voiceTwo }
bottom = { \change Staff = "lower" \voiceOne }

upper = \relative c'' {
  \key g \minor
  \new Voice {
    \voiceOne
    g8\(\dim gis\! a4\)~ a8\(^\markup {\italic "poco rit."} bes \tuplet 3/2 { c
d ees\) } |

lower = \relative {
  \clef bass
  \key g \minor