I believe it's called a Schleifer, at least that's what the curly part is.
It frequently attaches to a mordent. I'm not sure how to do it in lilypond
though. There is an example in the LSR,
https://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?u=1&id=720 , but it has the curl on the
other side of the mordent. But maybe it can give a starting point for
making this.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 10:07 PM Kenneth Wolcott <kennethwolc...@gmail.com>

> Hi;
> what is the musical ornament called that looks like a mordent but has
> curl in front of it?
> I'm engraving a 8notes.com Tuba+Piano arrangement of the Aria from the
> Goldberg Variations.
> Attached is a screenshot.
> Thanks,
> Ken Wolcott

Reply via email to