Laurie Savage <savage.lau...@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks David,
>
> I think I'll stay with Frescobaldi! Emacs doesn't seem to edit .ly files
> any more easily so there isn't much advantage in tweaking it to behave with
> my customised Include files. As for your question about where I found the
> documentation for the location of my Includes: Options > Customise Emacs ->
> All Settings Matching > "lilypond".
>
> It's a shame, I found Emacs to be the best LaTeX editor I tried.

Yes, there is really no comparison.

Emacs has better MIDI recognition than Frescobaldi, and editing
Scheme-only files is nicer.  And it blows the socks off anything as a
viewer for Lilypond's Info documentation.

I use Emacs for editing LilyPond because I am used to working with Emacs
for everything.  But the LilyPond mode is really not holding a candle to
what Frescobaldi offers.

--
David Kastrup