Here's how I've handled it by creating a new Chordnames staff.

\version "2.24.3"

Harmonies = \chordmode {
  a1:maj
  a1:maj
  a1:maj
}
AltHarmonies = \chordmode {
\override ChordName.font-size = #-1
s1
b2:m7 e:7
s1
}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \AltHarmonies
    \new ChordNames \Harmonies
    \new Staff {
      R1
      R1
      R1

For parentheses around Chords, I use this code
%% Parentheses for Chords %%

#(define (left-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass
                                                inversion context)
   (markup #:line ("( " (ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion
                                              context))))

#(define (right-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass
                                                 inversion context)
   (markup #:line ((ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion
                                         context) " )")))

#(define (parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion
context)
   (markup #:line ("( " (ignatzek-chord-names in-pitches bass inversion
context) " )")))

%aliases
LParen = { \set chordNameFunction = #left-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names }
RParen = { \set chordNameFunction = #right-parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names
}
NoParen = { \unset chordNameFunction }
OneParen = { \set chordNameFunction = #parenthesis-ignatzek-chord-names }
%Parentheses around a single chord

and call the function like this:

AltHarmonies = \chordmode {
s1