Am 06.12.23 um 08:43 schrieb Mark Probert:
Hi.

I’m setting a song and there are two voices, like a call and response. I want
to show these two different voices by making one italic and the other regular
font.

I there are simple way, say using some \override, where I can change the
default on the fly and not have to do an, IMO, ugly \markup block with every
syllable in a {\italic baz} group?

You can override a whole Lyrics context with
\override Lyrics.LyricText.font-shape = #'italic

But that’s only suitable if you have your versions in different lines.
Maybe it’s possible to “mix” two Lyrics lines into one?

Hraban