On Sun, Jan 21, 2024 at 7:00 PM Aaron Hill <lilyp...@hillvisions.com> wrote:

> \includePattern has a \version statement with 2.24.0, so it would appear
> to still be relevant.

Sure enough! I had experimented with that a little but had already counted
it as yet another defeat at getting OpenLilyLib working on Windows.

With your encouragement, I downloaded the zip folder from <
https://github.com/openlilylib/oll-core>.

I extracted it and located the oll-core folder under C:\Program
Files\lilypond-2.24.3\share\lilypond\2.24.3\ly, based on initial errors
giving include paths. (Is there an "official" place to put it?)

Then I have...

%
\version "2.24"
\include "oll-core/package.ily"
\loadModule oll-core.util.include-pattern
pattern = ".*\\.ly"
\includePattern "tunes" \pattern
%

...and it produced a PDF from the .ly files in the "tunes" subfolder.
Thanks, Aaron!

The project is an index of tunes for a hymnal that has never been printed
with notation, only lyrics, allowing the use of whatever tune is suitable.
The first printing was in 1847 and the most recent was in 2022, I think. <
https://hymnary.org/hymnal/CPHS1884>
--
\Karlin High
Missouri, USA