I have a growing collection of one- or two-page scores that I want to
assemble into books, each with a table of contents. I've been using LaTeX's
pdfpages package for this purpose, just pulling together all the LilyPond
pdf output with page numbers added and a ToC on the front. This method
works pretty well and is in fact completely independent of LilyPond itself,
but I was thinking that the resulting assembled PDF files would be much
smaller if they shared font info and wondered if anyone has advice on
making a LilyPond book using \markuplist \table-of-contents with \tocItem
and \include for each separate score, while also maintaining the ability to
build each score as a separate PDF file.