On 2024-03-06 10:56 am, Michael Winter via LilyPond user discussion wrote:
I have a programmatically generated score and am now realizing that I want to make a small tweak to text markups that are throughout the score in multiple files that are included at multiple levels.

" 1↑"  replace with " 1" (e.g. remove the up arrow when it is preceded by a 1)

Is it possible to do this with a global search and replace on compile such that I do not need to edit each individual file (of which there are hundreds) manually?

LilyPond does support basic replacements for text markup:

%%%%
\paper {
  #(add-text-replacements! '(("1↑" . "1")))
}
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill