Dear list,

In the following example, I use a section label and a TextScript on a note. I offset the markup text so that it appears inside the staff, but it still makes the section text higher up. I would like to know if it is possible to disable this padding around the TextScript, so that the section label appears directly over the staff without the extra space, the same way as it does when there is no text script.

Thanks,
-William

% ----------
\version "2.25.7"

% Without moving text
\score {
  \relative c' {
    \sectionLabel "Some section label text here"
    \clef alto c2^\markup\whiteout\bold "Text"

% Example with moving text
\score {
  \relative c' {
    \once \override NoteHead.extra-spacing-width = #'( -6 . 0 )
    \once \override TextScript.extra-offset = #'(-6 . -3)
    \once \override TextScript.outside-staff-priority = ##f
    \sectionLabel "Some section label text here"
    \clef alto c2^\markup\whiteout\bold "Text"
% How the section label would be positioned without the text markup
\score {
  \relative c' {
    \sectionLabel "Some section label text here"
    \clef alto c2

William Rehwinkel - Oberlin College and Conservatory '24

will...@williamrehwinkel.net

PGP key: https://ftp.williamrehwinkel.net/pubkey.txt