Hello, I have use case where I will have mostly chordnames and Lyrics with a few important short note runs sprinkled in here and there.  Say maybe 5 or 6 of them during the piece. For example as a reminder to the gtuitar player o a note run.

I have tried a couple of different approaches (see below code and screen shot).  What I'm after is to place a musical expression below (or above) the relevant lyrics as needed. These expressions could be either in between lyrics or may be simultaneous to some lyrics.

I could place those specific lycis and runs on their own distinct lines but that seems like a waste of space when some may be very short.

Thanks, Walt North

In the first case below I'm geting vertical spacing I want but no notes showing up and I don't know what the horizontal alignment will look like.

In the second case the notes are showing inline to the lyrics and not below and aligned as I might want.

\version "2.24.2"

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \chordmode { c1 | c }
    \new Lyrics \lyricmode {
      these4 are test lyrics
      <<
        \new  Voice \relative c' { c d e f }

      ending lyrics

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \chordmode { c1 | c }
    \new Lyrics \lyricmode {
      these4 are test lyrics \markup {\score {\relative c' {c d e f}}}
      ending lyrics