Installed lilypond-2.7.27-4.mingw.exe  and also the -3 version afterwards on a new system
with winxp pro sp2.    The install went along a bit then failed with a message about
guile.exe

I have installed the cygwin versions in the past but never liked the cygwin process for selecting components (mainly because I have dial up)   I have used mingw and like it so was pleased that it is being used.   Just thought I would mention this install problem in case anyone knows about it and how to proceed or can comment on what I might be doing wrong.

Thanks

I mainly do everything on linux but like to keep the windows updated