Graham Percival <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hmm.  I guess I don't quite understand what you were asking; I
> can't see why \tag wouldn't work.

Using \tag requires that all the variables are defined, and the
variables that need (not) to be processed must get a tag.

  leadWords  = \lyricmode { Some lyrics }
  highdWords = \tag #'ignore \lyricmode { Dummy }
  medWords   = \tag #'ignore \lyricmode { Dummy }
  lowWords   = \tag #'ignore \lyricmode { Dummy }

I want to obtain the same behaviour by just not defining the notwanted
parts. This makes it possible to develop powerful generic snippets
of lilypond code that can be used in many ways.

-- Johan