Hi,

 it seems I can't fit more than 8 systems of piano music on an a3
page, although at the bottom there is plenty of space. You can see the
result here:

http://icemserv.folkwang-hochschule.de/~finnendahl/download/lilytest.jpg

It seems the layout doesn't produce systems beyond a certain point
(the break occurs at about 80% of the page size measured from top). I
must be missing something, or does lilypond have problems with a3
format? I enclose the test file with all values for
between-system-padding/space set to small values to show the effect.

If ragged-bottem is set to ##f the systems are stretched out as
expected, but I need to fit more than 8 systems on one page.

Any ideas?

--
Orm

\version "2.12.2"

#(set-global-staff-size 17)

\paper {
    #(set-paper-size "a3")
    first-page-number = 0
    top-margin = 0.5 \cm
    bottom-margin = 0.5 \cm
    left-margin = 2.5 \cm
    right-margin =2.5 \cm
    line-width = 25.7\cm
    paper-height = 42\cm
    indent = 0 \cm
    ragged-bottom = ##t
    ragged-last-bottom = ##f
    between-system-padding = #5
    between-system-space = #0.1
    page-breaking-between-system-padding = 1\cm
    print-first-page-number = ##t
    annotate-spacing = ##t

}

KlavierEinsRH = \relative c' {
\repeat unfold 800 {c16 a'' e f,}}

KlavierEinsLH = \relative c' {
\repeat unfold 800 {c16 e,, d' g}}

\score {

            \new PianoStaff <<
                \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = \markup { "Klavier 1" \hspace
#2 }
                \new Staff = paup \with {
                \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
            }
                {
                    \clef G
                    \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent =
#'(-4 . 4)
                    \showStaffSwitch
                    \KlavierEinsRH
                }
                \new Staff = padown \with {
                \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
            }
                {
                    \clef bass
                    \override Staff.VerticalAxisGroup #'minimum-Y-extent = #'(0
. 4)
                    \showStaffSwitch
                    \KlavierEinsLH
                }