Hello,
  Today I get a score from my composition teacher. The piece is for orchestra
with various instruments. In the perc part, he uses some stick signs such as
hard xylophone stick, soft timpani stick. I don't know how these sticks look
like, but hope Lilypond can do them. I don't know whether they are in the
Gigsaw, but the Gigsaw is perhaps only for Linux. Any advice?
  If you want to see the sticks, please search on Rapidshare or 4shared for
"orchestration". There's a book by Samuel Adler, in which he listed out various
sticks.

Regards
Haipeng