On Dec 22, 2010, at 5:10 PM, Federico Bruni wrote:

> 2010/12/22 Mike Solomon <mike...@ufl.edu>
> Hey all,
>
> I am embarking on a new project to make lily dance.
>
> Attached are 3 files:
>
> 1) svgdance.svg (best viewed in something that's not Internet Explorer -
> click on the notes and/or accidentals and see what happens!)
>

> Cool!
>
> Actually, only clicks on notes work here (FF4 and Opera), nothing happens if
> I click on accidentals.
> Opera is the best (as usual with SVG), because the cursor changes when
> hovering upon clickable items.
>

> I think the applications of this are broader than making grobs dance.  I am
> going to use it for a composition, but I think it can also be used for
> animated Schenker graphs, annotated scores, pedagogical sites, etc..
>

> Well, I'm going to write some personal notes about LilyPond usage
> and I'd like to render examples as SVG instead of PNG. So I'm very
> interested in everything related to LilyPond and SVG :)
>
> And I'm looking forward to point-and-click in SVG:
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=1372
>
> Cheers,
> Federico

Point and click can likely be a subset of this metadata property.  What you
would need to do is create a javascript function that opened the .ly file at a
given point (where this point was an argument to the function), and then have
each drawn grob pass this function it's line # (and even column #) via the
"onclick" attribute in its svg tag.

~Mike