Welcome Ivan.

2011/4/7 <ivan.k.kuznet...@gmail.com>

> Hello All;
>
> I am a first time poster.  I have much experience with
> linux and latex and so hopefully I will catch on
> to lilypond without too much trouble.
>
> I am a composer of mostly atonal music, often with
> a lot of time signature changes (or with passages
> that have no time signatures), to give you
> an idea of the kinds of issues I am be facing.
>
> My first lilypond project is too notate some songs I
> wrote for soprano and classical guitar.
>
> Can someone recommend a template or even a finished
> song that I could begin with?
>
> Thank you for your help;  Ivan

I'm just a simple and basic user. But I've been writing my scores with
lilypond for a couple of years now.
I would recommend you to start from the beginning. It would take you no
time. And it would give you a great walk around of everything.

http://lilypond.org/manuals.html

Definitely the best place where to start.
Luck!
tdy