(sorry for breaking the thread. is there an easy way to follow up to a message
in the digest?)

>> > Is this project dead?
>>
>> Sadly yes it is, in practice.
I hope everyone knows about the Werner Icking Music Archive?
http://icking-music-archive.org/index.php

Public domain, pdf files, and the maintainer encourages contributors to include
source (and sound or at least midi) files. Most of my music
<http://icking-music-archive.org/ByComposer/Eijkhout.php> has lilypond (or
occasionally sibelius) source files. This site is very much alive, with several
contributions per day.

The maintainer of this archive is getting on in age and has health concerns, so
there is a discussion going on about the future of the site. Maybe disapointed
mutopia enthousiasts can play a role here?

Victor