Josiah Boothby <josi...@gmail.com> writes:

> A composer recently gave me a messy part he'd prepared with Sibelius,
> and I asked him for a musicxml file on the off chance that it might
> work in Lilypond and I could clean it up. With Lilypond 2.15.36
> (Slackware 13.37, x86), I get the error below along with no output
> file. ...

Depending on the type of score, you may wish to try Kirill Sidorov's
sib2ly converter. If you can't find it let me know and I'll send you a
copy.

sib2ly uses a custom export plugin to dump te contents of the score to a
file, and an external postprocessing program written in ruby to produce
the lilypond source.

-- Johan