Am 2012-05-29 um 14:09 schrieb David Kastrup:

Some (most?) countries accept tax benefits only with national NPOs,
perhaps plus a few known, big international ones (like Red Cross).

AFAIK, our Dutch LilyPond NPO would be fine for this.

Oh, I didn’t know there is one. Where can I read about it?
(It’s not www.lilypond.nl ;-)
Of course, if donations to that are tax-deductible in the Netherlands,
the same is true for at least the whole EU.

Uh, what?  Since when does the EU have a common tax system?

It doesn't, but, as I wrote in an other mail to the same thread yesterday:

German laws that restricted tax benefits to national NPOs were sentenced illegal by the European Court in 2009, i.e. you can at least get tax benefits for donations to NPOs within the EU.

Greetlings, Hraban