Hi,

I'm working on a piece now where most of it is modal, but one section will
be free-chromatic. I would like to use one of the more modern accidental
styles, but only in that section.

I read the section of the manual about automatic accidentals, and it
appears at first glance that the accidental style should be set per staff
(possibly evaluating globally for the staff, possibly per voice). It wasn't
clear if the style could change in the middle of a piece. So, I'm asking:
is that possible? Or is it expected that the same accidental style should
apply throughout a staff's duration?

Thanks,
hjh