On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM, Henning Hraban Ramm <lilypon...@fiee.net>wrote:

> I guess „we“ have a chance in combination with TeX, i.e. at universities
> etc. where TeX is in broad use, since the approach and needed expertise is
> similar.

Good luck with that, at least if my university was any indication of
things. The only users of (La)TeX was the mathematics department (and then,
really only the professors---I learned LaTeX and wrote basically all my
math papers using it, but I know of few other students who did...they opted
to use the formula editor in Microsoft Word, which, admittedly, got better
with Office 2007, but I digress). The math department and the music
department don't talk to each other. Almost literally.

Larger universities may have broader LaTeX support and better
collaboration, but that's what I've seen.

Carl P.