David Kastrup <dak <at> gnu.org> writes:

> LilyPond's strengths are what it is able to do automatically:
> transpositions, partial partitures, catering to different page formats,
> fast adaption to different orchestras...  Your score is _malleable_.

LilyPond excels at *vertical* malleability, but it's nearly disastrous when it
comes to horizontal malleability, as I recently opined in another thread.
Changes to metrical structure, and adding/deleting bars, are difficult, if not
excruciating. I would argue that these tasks are at least as common, if not
more common, then the ones you mention here.

hjh