ok, I found it, it was not the header of a \book .

In the 'master' document in which I include the child-files I have a header
file, which is not in a \book , but just a regular \header like for a
single score, in which I had a title="Studie" line. That one got repeated
as title on the different \bookparts.

I don't know if that is the intended result, because it was not in a \book
in the master document. If it is, everything is ok :-). I now deleted the
'title="Studie' from the header of the main file and have it set only in
the first \bookpart, which seems to work.

Grtz,

Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook <https://www.facebook.com/pages/BartArt3D/169488999795102>