Am 29.03.2014 15:50, schrieb Phil Holmes:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Alberto Simões" <al...@alfarrabio.di.uminho.pt>
To: "lilypond" <lilypond-user@gnu.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2014 2:45 PM
Subject: "unspecified starting volume" for decrescendo

Hi.

I have a music that starts with

fis4.^\> d\!

But lilypond complains when generating the MIDI file:

piano+voz.ly:28:14: warning: (De)crescendo with unspecified starting volume in MIDI.
Well, I had the same some days ago and just ignored the warning… but then, as a matter of fact I needed MIDI output only for proofreading and thus dynamics didn’t matter for that…

Some way to shut him? :-)

Cheers
ambs

Put in a dynamic. How can you decrescendo without knowing a starting point?
Often a decrescendo hairpin just implies that you start a little louder than before, like a stretched accent.

--
Phil Holmes

Best,
Simon