"Br. Samuel Springuel" <rpspring...@gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps I wasn't clear, but I did not include a test document because
> I get the fault no matter what.  I've even tested a document which was
> devoid of content and consisted of exactly 5 commands:
>
> \documentclass{article}
>
> \begin{document}
> \begin{lilypond}
> \end{lilypond}
> \end{document}
>
> The same fault occurs.  Further, documents which work just fine on a
> Mac and on Linux fail to work on Windows.  The only difference is the
> OS. Something appears to be wrong with the way lilypond-book operates
> in Windows.

Since you were actually previously talking about MacOSX, "the same fault
occurs" is totally useless.  You now talk about Windows.  You don't
mention your version of Windows.  You don't mention your version of
LilyPond.  You don't mention the problem that occurs.

You do not even reply to the same thread as the previous discussion but
create a new thread, making it harder to find information which you
assume everybody should remember but which actually is not all that
helpful for diagnosing a _Windows_ problem since you were previously
talking about MacOSX.

Do you really expect people to do all the detective and guess work
trying to figure out what you are doing on which platform with which
versions and what goes wrong with it?

--
David Kastrup