Hi,

I have to write this word in the lyrics “seen-a”. This is how it’s
written as text. It should be sung on two notes (like seen -- a). But in
case the notes are close, it should remain “seen-a” and not “seena”.

Is this issue [2463][] (which is a different usecase but might be used
for this, too) or am I missing something? This should be a common
usecase for all words containing hyphens, shouldn’t it?
I had expected “seen - a” to work, but then the “-” takes up an extra
note. (And yes, “seen- a” is too ugly and not width-adapting.)

Cheers,
Joram

[2463]: http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=2463