Hello Sebastian,

it seems to me like you would require more than 16 midi channels (which normally correspond to the staves in your score) and midi doesn't support more than 16. So the output which would have gone to channel #17 is actually put into channel #1 (and inherits its instrument, dynamics etc. properties), #18 is redirected to #2 etc. (that's the modulo 16 part). So either, if this isn't a problem for you (because all staves use the same midi instrument for example), just ignore the warning [1] or try using an extra score for midi, which combines some of the staves into voices of one staff, so you don't have more than 16 staves in total.

HTH, Simon

[1] or use the scheme function ly:expect-warning:

#(ly:expect-warning "MIDI channel wrapped around")

#(ly:expect-warning "remapping modulo 16")

(somehow this doesn't suppress all the warnings, but only the first one of a kind; I'll ask about that in a separate mail)