Am 29.07.2014 01:28, schrieb Marten:
Hello Abraham, Simon,

Thanks for your solutions and quick replies :)

I decided to try to implement Simon's third solution, as it explicitly
keeps the melody of the stanzas together with their texts.

Ingenious - hadn't thought about a solution like that.

I have two question about it though:
1. If I use \addlyrics instead of \new Lyrics for the stanzas, an ambitus
will be rendered for the stanza and the refrain *separately* (a layout
block activating the ambitus, must of course be added). If I use \new
Lyrics, as in your solution, only one ambitus for the entire song is
rendered (expected behaviour). Why is this so?
I find the question a bit confusing. Looking at Abrahams example (in the answer he wrote) makes me wonder why you use separate voices for refrain and verse. I can’t see any necessity to do so and it contradicts the logic of the music: after all, refrain and stanza are not sung by different singers. If you use two different voices, it’s only natural that each gets an ambitus of its own. What would you expect?

2. If the stanza melody begins with a rest, the text gets aligned under the
rest. Why?
Please try once more to understand the difference in the mechanisms of my first and second examples: in the one with \addlyric, an association between lyrics and the voice is created and each syllable is associated with one note (thus, rests are skipped). The other way does not use direct relation between lyrics and notes: both are entered separately, with their own durations, and it’s up to you to get the alignment in time correct. Lilypond will print everything at the point of time where you put it, and if a rest and a lyric syllable come at the same point of time, they will be aligned. I hope you tried at least to understand the topic yourself from the lenghty and fully sufficient description in the manuals, to which I pointed you. Sometimes it takes a little time to comprehend, but it will save the time of the friendly persons on this list who help you with real problems.

Best regards, Simon