On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 5:05 AM, Pierre Perol-Schneider <
pierre.schneider.pa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Trevor,

>> I'm looking to remove the system start *bar* (rather than the start brace
>> or bracket).
>>

> Oups, wrong snippet, did not check well enough.. I thought of another one.
> How about something like :
>
> \version "2.19.11"
>
> addStartBar = \markup {
>   \hspace #-.9
>   \lower #.95
>   \override #'(thickness . 2)
>   \draw-line #'(0 . 3.9)
>   \hspace #.2
>   \musicglyph #"clefs.G"
> }
>
> \score {
>   <<
>     <<
>       \new Staff
>         \with {
>           \override Clef.stencil = #(lambda (grob)
>             (grob-interpret-markup grob addStartBar))
>         }
>         {
>           c'4 d' e' f'
>         }
>     >>
>     \new Staff {
>       c'4 d' e' f'
>     }
>     \new Staff
>       \with {
>         \override Clef.stencil = #(lambda (grob)
>           (grob-interpret-markup grob addStartBar))
>       }
>       {
>         c'4 d' e' f'
>       }
>   >>
>   \layout {
>     \context {
>       \Score
>       \omit SystemStartBar
>     }
>   }
> }

Hi Pierre,

Thanks very much. Pasting the system start bar in (as markup) on a
staff-by-staff basis works to restore the system start bar before selected
staves. But then the system start bar is missing *between* staves. Example
below.

%%% BEGIN %%%

\version "2.19.11"

addStartBar = \markup {
  \hspace #-.9
  \lower #.95
  \override #'(thickness . 2)
  \draw-line #'(0 . 3.9)
  \hspace #.2
  \musicglyph #"clefs.G"
}

\new Score \with {
    \omit SystemStartBar
} <<
    \new Staff {
      c'4 d' e' f'
    }
    \new StaffGroup <<
        \new Staff \with {
            \override Clef.stencil = #(
                lambda (grob) (grob-interpret-markup grob addStartBar)
                )
        }
        {
            c'4 d' e' f'
        }
        \new Staff \with {
            \override Clef.stencil = #(
                lambda (grob) (grob-interpret-markup grob addStartBar)
                )
        }
        {
            c'4 d' e' f'
        }

But I really do appreciate seeing your thinking in these snippets; it's
definitely helping me work through possibilities.

Trevor.

--
Trevor Bača
trevorb...@gmail.com