On Wed, 2014-12-31 at 18:11 +0000, Phil Holmes wrote:
> [...]

Yes - that solves it.  Perhaps foolishly, I had not realised that I have
to put the tempo markings in every part.  Now that I have corrected that
error the markings are appearing just where I want them.  Thanks for
pointing me in the right direction.

Which brings me back now to my other question: how do I get midi
(specifically, the articulate.ly script) to recognize my rits and ralls?
I have tried entering them with \tempo, with \mark and just as markup,
but nothing seems to work.

David