On 2015-03-09 11:41, Simon Albrecht wrote:
Hello,

for whatever reason I keep running into problems whenever I try to upgrade Frescobaldi (or install it on another machine). This time, I downloaded the .tar.gz bundles of both frescobaldi 2.18 and python-ly 0.9.1 into ~/Frescobaldi/, unpacked them and installed them following the instructions, without any extra options. Then I deleted the ~/frescobaldi-2.0.15/ directory containing the old installation, but still Frescobaldi is complaining about not being able to find the correct version of python-ly. How can I go on?

TIA, Simon

Sorry, should have mentioned that this is on Ubuntu 14.10.

Hi Simon!

It seems to me that ~/frescobaldi-2.0.15/ is the source of the old installation and not where the old installation is.

I also use Ubuntu 14.10, and when I run

|sudo python setup.py install|

Frescobaldi is installed in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages.

Can you confirm that you have no old installations in either /usr/lib/ or /usr/local/lib/?

Best
Peter