On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:56:29AM +0000, DRYICE wrote:

> I think an emacs power usage lecture might be of interest.

ISTR shlomif wanted such a lecture as well.

> such a lecture might include:
> * emacs concepts, how it is built, major&minor modes.>
> * the .emacs initialization script.
> * some E-lisp.
> * usefull functions and variables for configuring emacs
> * how the power user gets help for emacs, finding
>   a function/variable to use.
> * other stuff.

That's a lot of material to cover in one lecture...

> I have written a small amount of e-lisp for my emacs
>
> but there may be some one more qualified than me
> to give such a lecture(if so speak up).

I think you'll do fine. If you want to collaborate on preparing the
lecture, I'll be happy to.

> the questions are:
> a) will this sort of a lecture intrest you?

Aye.

> b) what should it contain?

Cool Stuff(tm) one can do with emacs.

> c) what would you like emacs to do for you?

Coffee.
--
Muli Ben-Yehuda                             http://www.mulix.org/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ sctrace strace /bin/foo  http://syscalltrack.sf.net/