I have also had my Orckit ADSL switched to a snazzier (IMHO) looking
Alcatel. After the switch part of the WWW could not see my Web server
(eg. W3.org's HTML Validator @ http://validator.w3.org/). I altered the
MTU and MRU on the PPP interface to 1500 and suddenly everyone can see
me again. I wish I knew what's going on, I thought that I have to stay
with an MTU of 1452.

Changes are afoot.

On Thu, 2003-01-02 at 22:48, Eli Billauer wrote:

> > Have downloaded & installed l2tpd. I am able to connect to IZahav's
> > l2tp gateway (do they call it a gateway?); I then order my l2tpd to
> > start a connection, and it starts a pppd which says:
> >
> > "The remote system is required to authenticate itself but I couldn't
> > find any suitable secret (password) for it to use to do so.
> > (None of the available passwords would let it use an IP address.)"
> >
> > I have about zero PPP exeprience on Linux, but I will try and appease
> > the angry daemon.
>

> It looks to me that you're almost there.
>
> And I think that you'll find the following Welcome To Linux lecture
> slides useful (they deal with PPP among others):
>
> http://www.haifux.org/newcomers/lectures/5/
>
> Besides, I had my old Orckit ADSL modem "upgraded" to Alcatel by Bezeq
> today (Orckit modems are not supported anymore), and I'm happy to
> announce that Linux just connected through the Alacatel modem as if
> nothing had happened.
>
>     Eli

> To unsub send an empty message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Regards, Yoni Rabkin