On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Erez Hadad wrote:

> 1. Opinions: Is Linux a good candidate for such a course, as opposed to, for
> example, FreeBSD? Please provide good documentation sources, formal and
> informal, online and hard-copy, for both the kernel and API. Consistency
> between the existing kernel and the documentation is a MAJOR factor (for
> example, I heard many rumors about rapid under-documented changes in the
> virtual memory).

So?

Pick one that is documented by a book.

I don't think that the course is intended to teach "current linux". It is
intended to teach "a modern OS", with linux serving as an example.

FWIW, kernel 2.2 can still run nicely with most recent hardware (at least
the necessary). USB keayboard/mouse might pose some problems, though.

And even kernel 2.0 is still maintained (well: sort of)

--
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]