On Saturday 01 June 2002 17:40, Adir Abraham wrote:
> test setup (tested with an AMD Athlon XP 1800+ processor and 256MB PC2100
> DDR SDRAM, and a Geforce 3 Ti 200 graphics card), and the benchmarks,
> detailed, with different resolutions and games (Quake 3 and Max Payne).
> Still, in some resolutions (especially the higher ones), the
> frames-per-second performances are dropping to 33%-50% in Linux, but it
> looks like it's going in the right way. I believe that it will interest
> even the ones who don't take their breaktimes with games from time to time
so if i do not have a extramly fast machine I will not be able to play?
does it mean that windos is faster then linux?
so I need to play older games, since the newest one will need 85-90% of my
cpu, while on linux I can only give ~60-75%?
that means that windows is better then linux for an avarage person. not good.
what happened to looki? Will I be able to play C&C renegade nativly? winex
means that I need to pay for the game and the winex layer. more money, but
still less then a windows license, and again that money will go to invest in
better hardware.

 - diego

--
Four be the things I am wiser to know:
Idleness, sorrow, a friend, and a foe.

Four be the things I'd been better without:
Love, curiosity, freckles, and doubt.

Three be the things I shall never attain:
Envy, content, and sufficient champagne.

Three be the things I shall have till I die:
Laughter and hope and a sock in the eye.
                -- Dorothy Parker, "Inventory" [or "Not so Deep as a Well"?]