On Tue, Jun 11, 2002, ladypine wrote about "Re: [Haifux] Some real message (for a
change)":
> >           or PVM - the 'beowulf' (spell?) clusters work using one of
> >           those.
>
> spell: Beowolf.

No, actually "Beowulf" is correct. It's named after the well-known old-English
story of Beowulf.

> PVM and MPI are a totally different thing: those are libraries used in the
> program, in order to make use of a cluster. The use of MPI/PVM is
> orthogonal to the setting of the cluster.

Right. Typically, a parallelized program on Mosix would also use PVM or
MPI to communicate between the different nodes. Mosix is not a replacement
for a message-passing library (though one optimizied for Mosix and which
knows where processes have moved will certainly improve performance; Does
such a thing exist?)

> ...have also chose...

"chosen", you mean?

> load files into THE memory

Why? do you need that extra "the"? "Load files into memory" seems
idiomatic English to me. (but maybe I'm missing something, I didn't
read the context).

--
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Jun 11 2002, 2 Tammuz 5762
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I had a lovely evening. Unfortunately,