On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> > > Use something like http://syscalltrack.sf.net/how.html or how.phtml
> >
> > the %20 marks are there for lynx and netscape 4.76 compatibility. i
> > checked the site against those, besides checking it against mozilla (and
> > finally, even ie, when i got to work).
> >
> > the parameters are required for the php to work right. you can go to
> > http://syscalltrack.sourceforge.net/how.html, and you will get the naked
> > html. (no menu, no colors, no headings).
> >

> Aaargh! Please make it the other way around somehow. ? in path-names is
> very uncivil.

"?" is not a part of the path name. It is the way for the browser to pass
variables to the script, using the "post" method. Look at the url formed
when you search google, for example.
The other method is "get", and I still have not figured out how to master
it,
but it means that you do not see tha parameters in the url line at all,
which means they are not part of the url.

I do not believe this is what you wanted.

--
Orna.   |  http://tx.technion.ac.il/~agmon

There are only 10 types of people in the world-
Those who understand binary, and those who do not.