Hi folks

A new version of the complete r2l package is here: 0.1.0

The main change is that the code for refreshd is in. I have not included
Emil's biditext binary, as it seemed to me that it is simpler to do in a
shell script (see my previous post), and anyway, it should be part of the
existing biditext script.

You can get it from

  http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir/R2L/r2l-tarball

There are many files there (see the README). r2l-0.1.0.tar.gz is the
tarball that includes everything. There is also an rpm package.

To run refreshd: simply run 'refreshd'

To run a client with refreshd support: For the moment you'll have to use:

  BIDITEXT_FILENAME=`r2l p token`
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/biditext.so:/usr/lib/refreshd_hook.so command_and_params

Emil: refreshd fails if BIDITEXT_FILENAME is not set. but you shouldn't
query the environment directly: you should ask r2llib what is the token
(as I did in the above command).

TODO:

* finish the merge of refreshd
  - add refreshd_hook support to the biditext script
  - init.d script (inluding 'status' ?)
  - check if my refreshd tarball builds outside r2l-package
  - 'make pack' for the refreshd tarball
  - I'm not sure I really like the way I modified those makefiles

* kde applet (Guy? Shlomi?)

* automatic configuration (autoconf, or a home-made mini-autoconf).

* strip binaries

* Write a more complete README

An idea for the GUIs: indicate if refreshd is running. allow
strating/stopping it

The main item in the TODO list is the automatic config: The package needs
to compile out-of-the-box at least on common linux configs. A couple of
problems:

- QT and KDE directories
- libdockapp
- use a system r2llib if installed?