On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Sep 2001, Shlomi Fish wrote:

> > > will someone familiar with the autoconf tools (tzafrir? shlomi?) be able
> > > to giveus an estimate of which is easier (writing our own conf script
> > > or using autoconf)?
> > >

> > Actually, autoconf has very nice testing for determining if and where a
> > library is present, and it is the standard, so I suggest we use it.
>
> But will it require the use of automake as well?

We may be able to write a Makefile template ourselves, that can be served
as input to autoconf. However, automake is very nice and easy IMO, so I
don't see any reason why not to use it.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

> --
> Tzafrir Cohen
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir

> To unsub send an empty message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Shlomi Fish        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home E-mail:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
what went wrong more quickly.