On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 5:52 PM, Nicolas Pitre <nicolas.pi...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, john stultz wrote:
>
>> Hey Nico,
>>       So I've been seeing USB issues on my beagle xm board with the latest
>> linaro-2.6.38 tree, where when the system boots, lsusb will only show
>> the hubs, but no devices.
>>
>> Andy reported seeing similar on his overo board, so I bisected the issue
>> down to:
>>
>> 9e64bb1e9f0613093b3e34ac5402fcfef0dcc35a is the first bad commit
>> commit 9e64bb1e9f0613093b3e34ac5402fcfef0dcc35a
>> Author: Keshava Munegowda <keshava_mgo...@ti.com>
>> Date:   Tue Mar 1 20:08:19 2011 +0530
>>
>>     arm: omap: usb: Invoke usbhs core device initialization
>>
>>     The usbhs intialization is invoked by all omap3 and omap4
>>     variant board files.
>>
>>     Signed-off-by: Keshava Munegowda <keshava_mgo...@ti.com>
>>     Signed-off-by: Felipe Balbi <ba...@ti.com>
>>

>> It looks like this patch is just converting the initialization over to
>> usbhs, so it doesn't really point out the specific issue, but it does
>> seem that something in the usbhs core isn't working properly.
>>
>> Any tips here?
>
> Hmmm... Do you have the same problem with 2.6.39-rc1?  If no then the
> linaro tree might be missing something that is present in mainline.

Actually I saw this same issue on my xM on mainline 2.6.39-rc1
yesterday..  It was strange since the ehci was working just fine on my
omap4/panda with the same issue.. I know it was working on
2.6.38-git18 before the rc1 release, was going to bisect it tomorrow..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/