For links and details check:
https://wiki.linaro.org/WorkingGroups/Middleware/Graphics/Status/2011-06-01

== Key Points for wider discussion ==
 * Training material request: how to release wiki page for work groups -
with instructions that can be followed. Indicate which routes to take in
common cases (when to release as a tarball etc). Action item to Fathi,
Ricardo and Tom Gall - perhaps need to start a discussion in the mailing
list also to get the feedback from the teams
 * Managing our monthly releases - level of quality testing may need to
be tackled on a component per component basis especially for components
where the correctness testing is not really there (or is challenging to
implement completely). Validation team should participate as well as
perhaps others (landing teams - to get some crisp baselines from teams
actually using our components)

== Team Highlights ==
 * Review for the GWG cycle public plans 20110602 (today!). Check the
[[https://wiki.linaro.org/Cycles/1111/PublicPlanReview|PublicPlanReview]] page!
 * Memory management: Jesse sent out a status report after the UDS
mini-summit discussions. Jesse will coordinate these activities with
Sumit and Rob.
 * NUX work: daily sync ups with Alexandros, Travis and Jesse trying to
get NUX working. Latest big thing was the fact that NUX is trying to
support the openGL shading language but in a way that would not even
work on desktop. The implementation of the shading language in NUX is
not correct - Alexandros to file a bug. We believe we have a solid fix
coming up.
 * Compiz: Blur plugin is the only thing missing Travis is testing now,
merge branch from our team will need to be packaged for some testing.
 * Validation - out of tree tests registration and providing the tests
to validation team: Alexandros worked with Zygmunt and defined 2 ways to
proceed. If a test does not require something special we can push it
into abrek and it will be put in tree. For out of tree packages we need
to inform the validation team which PPA it is going to be and what it
enables so they can pull it into validation.
 * Managing our monthly releases: Alexandros started the discussion on
how to manage the release of the GWG components. Cycles are being
refactored, to use monthly releases of our components, so we may or may
not have interesting work to go into the monthly release EVERY MONTH,
but we should have a good process to make sure that we are enabled to
release the components as needed. Automatic testing for the components,
and also testing the other components for possible breakages prior to
merging something in order to know how well the changes work and what
they break is a challenge. Not everything we work on has built-in
support for the automatic tests especially how to do the correctness
testing. We will have the challenge to check component-by-component what
human element of testing can be automated. NUX has a standalone test,
but the tests do not cover visuals let alone that there are lots of
combinations in plugins used and configurations - the task of writing
tests for 100% coverage would be a real challenge, and manual testing is
right now the only one applied for just the default configuration (which
amounts for desktop functionality). Other possible ideas: a basic compiz
functionality automatic validation may be doable (example of a
screensaver plugin which could be used) eg by poking compiz via D-BUS
and testing the window manager functionality of Compiz (for example,
moving windows around) and using some tool to check if the drawing is as
should be.
 * Related to the packaging, for the monthly release, a question rose
what kind of setup should we have in order to release good quality
tarballs. Alexandros commented that a day or two prior to the release
for some testing is good enough now. Also trying to build daily packages
and using the test reports from those components that have self-testing
could be useful for the team. Alexandros will write up a description of
what he does on the wiki
 * Developing further the blueprints, activities for 11.06 to be
targeted (action for all)
 * Training request - how to do the release components for a group. We
need to collect the material and make sure that all in the team have
some cross-training on how to release components for the group. Maybe
later push the wiki page to a general howto.

== Upcoming Deliverables ==
 * Working now to define the targets for the 11.06 release

== Miscellaneous ==
 * Sumit Semwal (TI) presented himself for the first time to the group.
Welcome Sumit!!

--
Ilias Biris,
Aallonkohina 2D 19, 02320 Espoo, Finland