On piÄ…, 2011-06-03 at 16:02 +0100, Bernard Ogden wrote:
> I was asked to take a look at the blueprints relating to
> cross-toolchain development (e.g.
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/linaro-platforms-o-linaro-cross-toolchain-stories)
>  in advance of Monday's 'Android and Developer Platform' plan review
> call. I just have two questions to ask for now:

> 1) I would like confirmation that the Windows binaries will be
> 'windows native' and standalone i.e. customer does not need to install
> MSYS/cygwin/etc. I got the impression that this is the intention, but
> am not 100% clear that it's a requirement.

Did not yet checked which options exist. Probably mingw runtime will be
used but my goal is to provide self-contained tarball.

> 2) Will Linaro test the toolchains on Red Hat Enterprise? RHEL 5 is
> one the supported platforms for DS-5, so it would be useful to know if
> the toolchain will be validated on that platform, or if we need to
> test ourselves.

CentOS 5.6 is one of distributions which I have in VirtualBox locally.
Tarball for this system will have to contain lot of native Ubuntu
libraries probably or will have to find other way to build for it.

> I'm also interested in how users get/work with sysroots, especially
> for the Windows case, but I understand that that's an issue for a
> future release cycle.

For now it is /opt/linaro/gcc-DATE/sysroot/ where users can unpack one
of sysroot tarballs they want. I built minimalistic one (libc6-dev) for
now and it passed compilation of helloworld.c which was a goal for first
step. Will use linaro-hwpack-create or multistrap to generate sysroot
archives.