Hi

Some time ago we agreed that not everyone here uses Ubuntu distribution
and decided to provide so called 'generic linux' cross toolchain.
Recently I managed to get it done and now need brave testers to tell is
it working or not.

Get it here: http://people.linaro.org/~hrw/generic-linux/ (64bit only)

Needed files are toolchain-11.07.tar.xz and init.sh script. Unpack
tarball from / so /opt/linaro/11.07/ will be populated and put init.sh
anywhere you want (it will be integrated into tarball later).

How to use:

$ source init.sh

this will add cross toolchain into PATH and also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to
two directories:

- one with binutils libraries
- second with all extra libraries which may be needed

Feel free to experiment with second dir by removing files from there and
checking are system provided libs are fine too.

So far I checked this toolchain under few distributions:

- Ubuntu 10.04 'lucid' LTS
- Ubuntu 11.04 'natty'
- Fedora 14
- OpenSUSE 11.4
- CentOS 5.6

It failed only under CentOS (which was expected due to it's age).

How did I checked? So far compilation of 'gpm' and 'zlib' were tested.