On 29 August 2011 10:13, Andy Green <andy.gr...@linaro.org> wrote:
> On 08/29/2011 09:22 PM, Somebody in the thread at some point said:
>
>> It's not enough if you still want to refer to it via SHA, due to repo
>> peculiarities. It should be also reachable from one of the live
>> branches (so, instead of a tag, a branch can be created right away).
>
> Sorry... this means for a rebase tree, we have to spawn a new branch per
> push to public git?  We already spawn a tag per push to keep a finger on the
> tree so it won't be garbage collected: no great problem, but a branch per
> push?

I think this can just happen as part of the build cycle. If we track
the tree directly the build system can lay down a branch automatically
after release.

We could probably just update the branch after the automerge step. For
those who are just getting their feet wet with CI the flow is:

Sync build
Apply patch
Build
Regress build
on regress success, merge patch
Save build, gen pinned-manifest

Anyway, this isn't an issue with repo, its a sha1 reachability issue.
repo 's just a foreach git tool.