On 1 September 2011 12:02, Pawel Moll <pawel.m...@arm.com> wrote:
>> If you search the specs on http://infocenter.arm.com for "Main ID
>> register" you should get all the numbers you wish for :-)
>
> Apparently it's called "ID Code Register" for ARM9 and the expected (not
> tested ;-) values would be:
>
> ARM926 - 0x926
> ARM946 - 0x946
> ARM966 - 0x966
>
> etc., you get the picture :-)
>
> Paweł
>
> PS. The number I quoted are valid when "CPU implementer" == 0x41 (ARM Ltd.)

What about non-ARM implementations from e.g. Qualcomm and Marvell?  A Marvell
I have on hand reports this:

Processor       : Feroceon 88FR131 rev 1 (v5l)
BogoMIPS        : 1192.75
Features        : swp half fastmult edsp
CPU implementer : 0x56
CPU architecture: 5TE
CPU variant     : 0x2
CPU part        : 0x131
CPU revision    : 1

Here the Processor line contains the exact name of the CPU, which can presumably
derived from the ID register somehow.

I don't have a Qualcomm processor handy at the moment.

> PPS. I think older (and MMU-less) parts were using other scheme...

They do, but I wouldn't worry about that since they're not likely to be running
gcc anyway.

--
Mans Rullgard
Multimedia