On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 11:29 PM, Paul Larson <paul.lar...@linaro.org> wrote:

> I know this has come up before, but I'd like to raise it again: Is there
> any reason for the lack of consistency between directory layouts for:
> http://snapshots.linaro.org/oneiric/
> vs.
> http://snapshots.linaro.org/11.05-daily/
>
> Would it be possible to rename the oneiric directory to 11.11-daily and
> split the hwpacks off into a linaro-hwpacks directory like the 11.04 images?
> Also, keeping some kind of -oneiric or -11.11 on the image/hwpack dirs
> probably makes sense, but are we planning on changing anything after these
> become the default LEB images?

So my take is that the term 11.05 11.11 and so on is legacy as we are on a
monthly cadence without big/meta
cycles.

Also, it strikes me that we only use snapshots.linaro.org for ubuntu and I
don't think we will move to a
centralized hosting place for our  various daily artifacts anytime soon.

So here is what I propose:

 1. move to ubuntu-build.linaro.org namespace for the ubuntu file hosting
 2. use directory structure matching the project group names used on
offspring.linaro.org; e.g. natty-hwpacks, natty-images, oneiric-hwpacks,
oneiric-Images, etc.

Thoughts?

--
Alexander Sack
Technical Director, Linaro Platform Teams