On 28 November 2011 20:01, Kurt Taylor <kurt.tay...@linaro.org> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Last week I did an initial drop of the end to end audio test we have been
> discussing.
>
> The idea is fairly simple, play a sine wave and test the audio stack by
> sampling/testing the sine back in via loopback cable. The app is called
> testfreq and is driven by a script called e2eaudiotest. It opens and
> configures the audio device, takes a sample and then does a discrete fourier
> transformation to find the frequency using the fftw3 library. The test
> script driver uses speaker-test to play a sine wave at A 440, which for now
> is the test frequency. It's still basic at this point, but it does work on
> my system. There is a lot of additional things I'd like to do, initial stack
> configuration, passing in the device, passing the test frequency, doing more
> auto detection, clean up the code, etc, but I wanted to start getting
> feedback. Any and all would be appreciated.
>
> Have a look, and if you have a loopback cable, give it a spin:
>
> http://git.linaro.org/gitweb?p=people/kurt-r-taylor/e2eaudiotest.git
>
> You can also read more about it and check my progress here:
>
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/linaro-multimedia-project/+spec/linaro-mmwg-e2eaudiotesting-basic

Looks pretty good for a low level test. I'm not sure how well it'll
work with Android. Would you be able to put together an Android App
that used MediaPlayer and MediaRecorder to accomplish the same thing?

It should like this test may be a good candidate for kernel regression testing.

--
Zach Pfeffer
Android Platform Team Lead, Linaro Platform Teams