On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Deepti Kalakeri
<deepti.kalak...@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 4:17 AM, John Rigby <john.ri...@linaro.org> wrote:
>>
>> I believe from experience on a local host that having a precloned tree
>> of for example current upstream linus on jenkins to use with
>> --reference could be a huge win.  We can discuss this in the kernel-ci
>> session at connect.
>>

> Yes, having a precloned repository on master would help the faster builds.
> CI Maintainers job
> https://ci.linaro.org/jenkins/view/Linux%20Maintainers/job/linux-maintainers-kernel_build-Andrey/
> already makes use of this.
> We have a clone available on master @
> http://ci.linaro.org/kernel_git_repo/kernel/linux.git.
> Please let me know your requirement so that I can make the improvements
> further if required.
> Right now you cannot access
> http://ci.linaro.org/kernel_git_repo/kernel/linux.git  as it needs apache
> restart and I cannot do that instantly as there are jobs running on jenkins
> .
> I will fix it as soon as the jenkins have no further jobs running.
>>
>> --john

remember that our http: proxy is set up in a way that it should not
make much of a diff...

The thing is that we have to transfer a complete linux tree to the
slave node no matter what.

Whether you --reference something on master or use the master hosted
squid shouldn't make any significant net difference.

So bottom line: I don't think you will win much, but I am happy to be
proofen wrong.

--
Alexander Sack
Technical Director, Linaro Platform Teams